Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Do you hear what I hear?



Are you listening to Derek Webb yet? If so, I'd love to hear how you view his lyrics. I guess in some circles they could be viewed as troubling. However, I hope that he is causing people to rethink how we live as xtns in the good ol' US of A. Particuarly I like "A New Law". And for the rest of you who are not listening to him yet, get on iTunes (which we should all have by now - really it's amazing) and get to downloadin'! Your mind (the thinking side) and your ears (the listening side) will thank me. Well, not literally, I mean... ears don't talk. That is the mouth's job... but you get the idea.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have only heard a few of his songs, I really like "wedding dress" from THE HOUSE SHOW. He is playing on Feb 27 at Joplin Memorial Hall along with Jars of Clay and some other chick. I think that Jars of Clay is headlining, but I would be most excited about Webb. I will definately check out the CD you recommended. Maybe a few of us could go to the show together. Those of us in Joplin that is.

8:21 AM  
Blogger EricEpp said...

True, my time spent flipping wax on KOBC ruined my view of most Christian music. Perhaps it was on the day that airplanes flew into these two big buildings in NYC and I watched as DJ's happily hummed along to "Saddle up your horses, we've got a trail to blaze" instead of reporting the news. All that aside, I couldn't resist putting a few Derek Webb lyrics up:

"my first allegiance is not to a flag, a country, or a man
my first allegiance is not to democracy or blood
it's to a king & a kingdom"

7:08 PM  
Blogger EricEpp said...

I know you wish you were non-white so you can justify the shorts you wear as well as saying "word" as a response to every question.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home