Tuesday, March 28, 2006

words and thoughts

I am writing some coorporate prayer exercises for Summer Conference this year and have hit a little bit of a dry spell in the writing process. I am calling on you for your assistance. Below I have listed the four topics that the prayer exercises will center around. Please consider these topics and post any thoughts/phrase/words that come to mind. I don't mind if your posts are incomplete thoughts - in fact I would love the first 10-15 words that come to mind when you read each subject. Give me the randomness that is the human mind! Also, if you know of any sources or quotes (bonus points if you come across some writings from early church fathers) along the same lines I would be thankful for those as well. Your responses could differ but basically, you can't give me a wrong response. Here are the topics:

1. "Alive in Christ"
2. "Worldwide family/unity"
3. "Looking like Christ"
4. "Battle is not against flesh and blood"

2 Comments:

Blogger Jay Greer said...

1. Dead to sin, active, good works, bear fruit, a dead culture, reborn, resurrected to a new life.

2. Church, under Christ, Bride, Derek Webb, "The church may be a whore but she's still your mother."--W. Willaman, "Jesus had a wife." -- David Ericson, Diversity, great cloud of witnesses, third race.

3. Conformed to his image (Rom. 8), 1 John 2:6, unvieled faces, Mt. 25, Campolo Last summer. I always think of a kid who dresses differently or flambouyatly who says "This is just me, who I am." I always want to say, "Maybe we're sick of seeing you. Perhaps you are to reflect someone else.

4. Angels, Demons, sins, motives, struggles of the flesh, prayer warriors, we fight with the weapons of the Kingdom of Heaven, we must be heavenly minded, "My Kingdom is not of this world."

5:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

1. Dead to the world, Found, home, healing, burning, changing
2. CHURCH, Third Race talk: The historian (Dioclitian?) who described Christians as a third race because unlike every other group of people who only have themselves and everyone else. Christians openly accept others and cross racial, cultural and economic strata. For example with Jews there is Israel and Gentiles; with Greeks there are Greeeks and Barbarians. This may need more expalining but it is a great illustration.
3. Beards (I know its wierd I just do), footwashing, suffering followed by resurrection
4. Prayer, Imperial Cult, Rome, Nero, George W. Bush, Saddam Hussein, Revelation 13, violence, hate, victory. I think Revelation is a powerful narrative to illustrate this.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home