Thursday, August 03, 2006

Angels and Demons and Devils Oh My!

My church has asked to do a Sunday School series about Angels and Demons. I have to be honest this isn’t a subject that particularly interests me, but they wanted to do it so here it goes. Does anybody know of some good resources on the issue, or maybe have a good idea on how to approach the topic(s)? The majority of angel/demon language appears in the Gospels (mostly Luke) but then there is the principalities/powers language in the Pauline literature and I’m debating how to deal with that mostly because I still have a lot of questions myself. Anyway, I’m wondering if anyone has some advice or help?

6 Comments:

Blogger Thom Stark said...

...

Re. "the powers," Walter Wink's trilogy is a good place to start.

...

9:29 PM  
Blogger Thom Stark said...

...

Of course, regarding Walter Wink, there's always this:

http://www.robgagnon.net/Reviews/homoWinkExchanges.pdf

followed by this:

http://www.robgagnon.net/articles/gagnon5.pdf

...

10:25 AM  
Blogger David G. Fish said...

Tyler,

If you want to use something that has been sanitized/sanctified by Stone-Campbell authors, you might want to consider
Angels and Demons
, published by College Press (2005), and written by Knofel Staton (one of my profs at Ozark in the 1970s and by our own Leonard Thompson.

:)

DGF

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can try this book

http://www.amazon.com/Angels-Demons-Dan-Brown/dp/0671027360/sr=8-1/qid=1157943515/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-7453969-5616619?ie=UTF8&s=books

8:05 PM  
Blogger Erica Stark said...

Don't read Frank Peretti. That's the only advice I have.

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two words, one name: Woody Wilkinson!

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home