Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Bring on the headaches!!

After consuming 10 shots of espresso in under 4 hours I have a historic announcement to make. I am taking a week fast from coffee. Yes it is true. Indeed, caffine in general (coke, tea, red bull, pills, etc) I will restrain from consuming. I would like to tell you that I am doing it for some noble purpose like praying for the missionaries or something like that, but really, it is just to prove to myself that I am not addicted to caffine. I will allow myself to drink one decaf cup a day if necessary. (I know people say it is not caffine free, but it contains such a small amount that it would not affect a toddler on an empty stomach.) In a day and a half I am going to have some major headaches, I am sure! If you see me, I could use the encouragement! Welp, here we go. 7 days and counting. . .

4 Comments:

Blogger Jay Greer said...

More power to you. This might not be such a bad idea in light of the fact that I saw you literally shaking last night at Starbucks. A caffiene detox diet could do you well. However, a less peppy Arod could take a while to get used to. You inspire me once again brother Rod.

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damien said...

Your caffeine fast actually does raise a spiritual discussion, that of Lent. Though I come from a Catholic family (at least on my mother's side) Lent has not been a tradition of mine. However a fellow student who comes from a Lutheran tradition has recently spurred me on to honor the Lent season by refraining from something that I miss. So there you go Arod... call it your Lenton observation. Everytime you are tempted to drink a cup of caffeinated coffee, remember Jesus!

1:52 PM  
Blogger EricEpp said...

I have observed Lent for the past 3 years and have found it to be extremely helpful. This year I have lost all urges for a Coca-Cola... but am now addicted to cigarettes. Good luck.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Andy Rodriguez said...

T'S OVER!! After a week of being caffine free I must say that it was not difficult at all. I did not have a single headache from lack of caffine nor did I feel overly tired? So, am I going to give it up for good? Come on, now! You know better than that!! If God gives us good gifts, by all means, let us enjoy them. But let us never become mastered by them.

Spike,
Sorry i didnt make it till easter. that wasnt excatly my intention, however i want you to know that the times i really wanted a cup of coffee i did remember jesus. So thanks.

Well, I'm out friends. Tonight, as you say your prayers, remember to thank God for all his good gifts. Including coffee. Grace and peace to you all.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home